Sci-Fi by the Sea VI
Join us for a fantastic open air
Sci-Fi family day out in Herne Bay
Sunday 17th June 2018
11am – 5pm
Check back soon for Attraction details
Meet guests from the world of Sci-Fi Movies, TV and comics
Please note all guests appear subject to work and health commitments and charge for autographs.
Autograph prices correct at time of publication, guests may alter on the day.
Look out for announcements coming soon!
Sci-Fi by the Sea VI is a great day out for all the family!
£7Per person (15 and under) (under 3s no charge)
Family Ticket Best Value!
£302 Adults and 2 Children
£10Per Person (16 and over)
Tickets are not available on the gate
Please note: No dogs apart from guide/assistance dogs are allowed at the event.
Strictly NO SMOKING on the premises.
No public parking onsite at Sci-5 by the Sea.
Please use the interactive map below to locate Car Parks in Herne Bay. We are also very close to the train station and bus routes.
There is NO public parking of any kind onsite at Sci-Fi by the Sea, see below.
The event takes place at Herne Bay Junior School, King’s Rd, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 5DA. The fun starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm. Guide/Assistance dogs only. Please take heed of the strict No Smoking rule when in the school grounds, inside and out.
ON FOOT: Follow the crowd and costumes to the signed entrance of Herne Bay Junior School as above.
TRAIN: On arrival at Herne Bay we are a brisk 10-15 min stroll away, which takes you through Herne Bay Memorial Park on route 2 or not on route 1. The park’s nice! For train times click here.
BUS: The nearest bus stop is situated just 30 seconds around the corner from Sci-Fi by the Sea in Canterbury Road. For bus times click here.
PARKING: Please note. There is NO public parking of any kind onsite at Sci-Fi by the Sea. Click here for details of parking in Herne Bay. Most car parks are a 10-12 minute flat walk to the event.
- No dogs (apart from assistance dog), smoking is prohibited within the whole area, inside and outside.
- All guests appear subject to work commitments and good health. Autograph are charged for and prices may vary.
- Please note. There is NO public parking onsite at the school grounds. For more info on car parking, please visit http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/herne_bay/.
- We are also very close to the train station and bus routes.
- No smoking on the premises
Admission will only be granted by those holding a valid ticket/e-ticket/mobile ticket. All tickets will be electronically scanned, and your hand will be stamped with a unique event stamp on arrival. Admission from 11am only. Dogs (except guide dogs) are not permitted on site. Children aged 3 years and under will not require a ticket. Please note it is your responsibility to check this event website leading up to the event for any amendments, line-up alterations, and other unavoidable changes that may affect the event.
The venue operates a bag/person check policy and random bags/person will be carried out on arrival. Alcohol may not be brought on to the premises. You may leave and re-enter the venue providing your hand has been stamped.
A strict zero tolerance policy applies in terms of any anti-social behaviour and you will be asked to leave by our security team should any any-social behaviour be witnessed. Please drink responsibly throughout the event and drink plenty of replacement fluids such as water or soft drinks to stay hydrated.
There will also be a number of licensed bars on site selling a range of beers, ciders and soft drinks. Glass and glass bottles are not permitted on site. Do note that a strict ‘Challenge 25’ policy will be in place in respect of alcoholic drinks, and if you are lucky enough to benefit from youthful looks, please bring official identification with you. For the purposes of this event the only acceptable forms of ID are:
- A photo driving licence
- A passport
- A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
It’s a criminal offence to use false or borrowed ID to gain entry to licensed premises or to buy alcohol. The maximum penalty is a £5,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.
- Costumes should provide enough body coverage to be worn in public and should be in good taste and appropriate for a family-friendly convention. The maximum height, width or depth of a costume should be less than two metres.
- This excludes any parts (e.g. wings) that can collapse to a smaller size and is kept collapsed when traversing through the convention area. If you think your costume will exceed this, please contact us so we can review the circumstances and check that it is safe for both you and those around you to wear within the convention.
- Costumes should not have any parts that could cause an injury to other attendees of the convention. If the costume is made of hard materials please ensure that edges are rounded off and/or padded appropriately.
- Any item that is banned or subject to any restrictions from being carried AND/OR sold in this country should not be brought to SFBTS by any attendees. SFBTS reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
- Fully functional firearms and replica guns (including air soft guns, BB Guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns) including deactivated firearms are forbidden.
- Any prop weapon must have a brightly coloured safety tip.
- Any ammunition for these firearms is forbidden. This includes all projectile weapons such as bows and crossbows as well.
- All metal weapons including, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, batons, functional strung bows or crossbows, sharp arrows or bolts and axes regardless of whether they are sharp or blunt are forbidden.
- All Weapons and props must have rounded or blunt edges and/or padded ends and must be incapable of causing harm.
- Pyrotechnics, explosives, lasers and chemical weapons are forbidden.
- Outside of the convention area attendees must conceal their props or weapons in covered cases or bags.
SFBTS reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
Image Copyright: SFBTS and its associates may wish to use photos or videos of attendees for promotional purposes. By attending in costume you agree that SFBTS and all associates may freely use your image in any promotional footage or photos taken during the event.