Join us for a fantastic open air
Sci-Fi family day out in Herne Bay
Sunday 25th June 2017
11am – 5pm
Our guests from the world of Sci-Fi Movies, TV and comics
Please note all guests appear subject to work and health commitments and charge for autographs.
Autograph prices correct at time of publication, guests may alter on the day.
Look out for more announcements coming soon!
It’s with excitement at Sci-Fi by the Sea, Herne Bay, that we welcome actress Ingvild Deila to her first confirmed UK convention.
Ingvild recreated the iconic Princess Leia with the help of a little CGI magic in smash hit movie Star Wars: Rogue One!
There’s a great interview with Ingvild on the Hollywood Reporter website.
Ingvild has also appeared in Avengers: Age of Ultron and has played the lead role in several feature films, short films, plays, music videos and commercials.
Autographs £15 with free selfie
Hello to Jon Campling, our next guest announcement for Sci-5 by the Sea. Recognisable worldwide as ‘King Regis’ from the epic ‘Final Fantasy’ video-game franchise, Jon also provides the motion capture for the character Ardyn Izunia.
Harry Potter fans will recognise Jon as iconic trainstopping Deatheater in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. With over 70 other film and TV credits to his name and a lovely bloke too, we’re sure Jon will receive a great reception.
£10 for a signature either on his photos or on a fans Item, this includes free selfie
Selfies free with charity box donation
We’d like to welcome Sarah Louise Madison to Sci-5 by the Sea. You may not recognise Sarah without her make up on, but Dr Who fans will certainly know, having ducked behind the sofa when she appeared on screen as the very creepy Weeping Angel in various episodes or as the equally sofa worrying Clara Time Zombie from Journey to the Centre of the Tardis.
Sarah’s other film and TV credits include Panic, Twisted Showcase, Theatre of Fear, Cops and Monsters, The Amityville Asylum and Night of the Living Dead: resurrection.
With a great reputation for her friendliness and good humour, it’s a pleasure to have Sarah attend.
Jordan Redford Gossamer Gray is an English-born recording artist, actress, author, activist, Pokémon Master and BBC’s The Voice UK semi-finalist 2016 #TeamPaloma. She made TV history as the show’s first ever Transgender contestant – and the first competitor ever to be asked back to the show within the same series. Her ‘Battle Round’ duet with Theo Llewellyn is widely regarded as not only the series’ emotional highlight but also one of ‘the most honest moments in reality television’.
Jordan will be singing a set or two for us and signing autographs for fan.. Another great addition to our line of musical acts at Sci-5 by the Sea this year!
Unfortunately Josef Altin is no longer available on the day, due to acting work commitments.
James Cosmo, welcome to Sci-Fi by the Sea, Herne Bay.
A legend of film and TV, such as smash hit Game of Thrones, SS-GB, Narnia, Merlin, Braveheart, Trainspotting & sequel, Troy, Sons of Anarchy, Highlander and many more, not forgetting of course, this year’s Celebrity Big Brother!
Autographs £20 (inc selfie)
Hannah Spearritt, welcome to Sci-5 by the Sea 2017.
Hannah starred as Abby Maitland in ITV’s time travelling Sci-Fi dino series, Primeval and of course many of you will know her from her popstar days in S Club 7. There ain’t no party like a Sci-Fi by the Sea party!
Another great guest addition to our day, who will be joining her already announced Primeval costar Andrew-Lee Potts.
Take a bow, Andrew Lee Potts (Primeval, Wireless). Andrew is probably best known for his role as the quirky Connor Temple on ITV’s science fiction programme Primeval, a role he reprised in the spinoff Primeval: New World.
Andrew also starred as the Hatter on the SyFy mini-series Alice and recently appeared in Stan Lee‘s Lucky Man. He is also the co-creator, director and star of web show Wireless (check it out!)
Other credits include BBC black comedy Ideal, horror series Dracula, Emmy-winning WWII drama Band of Brothers, Midsomer Murders, Foyle’s War, Doc Martin, By Any Means and The Mill.
Nick Moran, welcome to Sci-5 by the Sea! Nick is an English actor, writer, producer and director. Harry Potter fans will recognise him as Scabior in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Part 2. He also portrayed Eddy the card sharp in Guy Ritchie’s cult late 90s favourite Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.
Nick has a list of other film and TV credits as long as your arm and makes a great guest addition to the day.
Sci-5 by the Sea is a great day out for all the family!
£7Per person (15 and under) (under 3s no charge)
Family Ticket Best Value!
£272 Adults and 2 Children
£9Per Person (16 and over)
Tickets are not available on the gate
Tickets on sale now at these Herne Bay retailers
Please note: No dogs apart from guide/assistance dogs are allowed at the event.
Strictly NO SMOKING on the premises.
No public parking onsite at Sci-5 by the Sea.
Please use the interactive map below to locate Car Parks in Herne Bay. We are also very close to the train station and bus routes.
There is NO public parking of any kind onsite at Sci-Fi by the Sea, see below.
The event takes place at Herne Bay Junior School, King’s Rd, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 5DA. The fun starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm. Guide/Assistance dogs only. Please take heed of the strict No Smoking rule when in the school grounds, inside and out.
ON FOOT: Follow the crowd and costumes to the signed entrance of Herne Bay Junior School as above.
TRAIN: On arrival at Herne Bay we are a brisk 10-15 min stroll away, which takes you through Herne Bay Memorial Park on route 2 or not on route 1. The park’s nice! For train times click here.
BUS: The nearest bus stop is situated just 30 seconds around the corner from Sci-Fi by the Sea in Canterbury Road. For bus times click here.
PARKING: Please note. There is NO public parking of any kind onsite at Sci-Fi by the Sea. Click here for details of parking in Herne Bay. Most car parks are a 10-12 minute flat walk to the event.
- No dogs (apart from assistance dog), smoking is prohibited within the whole area, inside and outside.
- All guests appear subject to work commitments and good health. Autograph are charged for and prices may vary.
- Please note. There is NO public parking onsite at the school grounds. For more info on car parking, please visit http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/herne_bay/.
- We are also very close to the train station and bus routes.
- No smoking on the premises
Admission will only be granted by those holding a valid ticket/e-ticket/mobile ticket. All tickets will be electronically scanned, and your hand will be stamped with a unique event stamp on arrival. Admission from 11am only. Dogs (except guide dogs) are not permitted on site. Children aged 3 years and under will not require a ticket. Please note it is your responsibility to check this event website leading up to the event for any amendments, line-up alterations, and other unavoidable changes that may affect the event.
The venue operates a bag/person check policy and random bags/person will be carried out on arrival. Alcohol may not be brought on to the premises. You may leave and re-enter the venue providing your hand has been stamped.
A strict zero tolerance policy applies in terms of any anti-social behaviour and you will be asked to leave by our security team should any any-social behaviour be witnessed. Please drink responsibly throughout the event and drink plenty of replacement fluids such as water or soft drinks to stay hydrated.
There will also be a number of licensed bars on site selling a range of beers, ciders and soft drinks. Glass and glass bottles are not permitted on site. Do note that a strict ‘Challenge 25’ policy will be in place in respect of alcoholic drinks, and if you are lucky enough to benefit from youthful looks, please bring official identification with you. For the purposes of this event the only acceptable forms of ID are:
- A photo driving licence
- A passport
- A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
It’s a criminal offence to use false or borrowed ID to gain entry to licensed premises or to buy alcohol. The maximum penalty is a £5,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.
- Costumes should provide enough body coverage to be worn in public and should be in good taste and appropriate for a family-friendly convention. The maximum height, width or depth of a costume should be less than two metres.
- This excludes any parts (e.g. wings) that can collapse to a smaller size and is kept collapsed when traversing through the convention area. If you think your costume will exceed this, please contact us so we can review the circumstances and check that it is safe for both you and those around you to wear within the convention.
- Costumes should not have any parts that could cause an injury to other attendees of the convention. If the costume is made of hard materials please ensure that edges are rounded off and/or padded appropriately.
- Any item that is banned or subject to any restrictions from being carried AND/OR sold in this country should not be brought to SFBTS by any attendees. SFBTS reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
- Fully functional firearms and replica guns (including air soft guns, BB Guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns) including deactivated firearms are forbidden.
- Any prop weapon must have a brightly coloured safety tip.
- Any ammunition for these firearms is forbidden. This includes all projectile weapons such as bows and crossbows as well.
- All metal weapons including, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, batons, functional strung bows or crossbows, sharp arrows or bolts and axes regardless of whether they are sharp or blunt are forbidden.
- All Weapons and props must have rounded or blunt edges and/or padded ends and must be incapable of causing harm.
- Pyrotechnics, explosives, lasers and chemical weapons are forbidden.
- Outside of the convention area attendees must conceal their props or weapons in covered cases or bags.
SFBTS reserve the right to withdraw access to their event and cancel the tickets, without refund, to anyone deemed to be breaking these rules.
Image Copyright: SFBTS and its associates may wish to use photos or videos of attendees for promotional purposes. By attending in costume you agree that SFBTS and all associates may freely use your image in any promotional footage or photos taken during the event.