BAYPROMOTEAM'S FREE SEAFRONT AIR SHOW IN HERNE BAY
The day begins at 10am with ground attractions
Flying displays commence from 12.45pm until 6.45pm
and Live Music from 6.30pm until 9.30pm.
Don’t miss the amazing Aerosparx display at dusk!
- We highly recommend using public transport to attend this event and you may miss many of the aerial displays if you attempt to bring your vehicle into Herne Bay on this date.
- Park Responsibly if you have no option but to use your vehicle and are able to locate a parking space – Increased numbers of enforcement officers will be patrolling Herne Bay on the event date and parking fines will be issued where vehicles are double parked, parked on pavements, parked where there is a dropped kerb or a vehicle parked within 10 metres of a junction.
- Once again, we would urge motorists to think twice about bringing their vehicle to this event.
The Reds Are Back for The South East Air Show Herne Bay
We are delighted to announce that we have been able to secure the Red Arrows, Eurofighter and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight for third successive year on Saturday 19th August and are aiming to once again bring Herne Bay a day to remember in 2017.BayPromoTeam
- The 2015/2016 air show events have boosted the local economy by almost four million pounds, and when coupled with a truly breathtaking spectacle for Herne Bay, this is no doubt a win-win for the town. There are so many groups, clubs, and charities that are able to raise many thousands of pounds as a result of this event too which is fantastic.
- Static aircraft displays will be back this year along the seafront, along with the ‘Trench Experience’ – a converted 40 foot container, visitors experience within the sights and sounds of a trench during the Great War, complete with actors. In the evening, Rubber Biscuit will perform live, celebrating their 25th year, followed by an American Four Tops act.
- For this event to be the spectacle we all want to see, we’ll need the financial support of the community to get over the line. We’d urge businesses to contact us for details of advertising and sponsorship opportunities of what is Kent’s biggest one-day event. Please email email@example.com for further information. Thank you.
The official souvenir programme
Packed with info
Stats and information on all participating aircraft
Pull out poster
A3 Red Arrows over Herne Bay Pull-Out Poster
FREE to enter competition
Helicopter & Plane Flights to Be Won
Interviews and more
information, features, facts and figures
Official Herne Bay Programme Stockists
Activity Box, William Street
Cain’s Amusements, Central Parade
Herne Bay Pier, Central Parade
Seaside Museum, William Street
Makcaris (Bandstand) – Central Parade
Kids Korner, Mortimer Street
Peters Produce, William Street
Queen’s Newsagents, Canterbury Road
Co-Op Sea Street, High Street and Beltinge
Spearings, William Street
Beach Creative, Beach Street
Londis, Hampton Pier Avenue
Mortimers, Mortimer Street
Salt and Light Bistro, Mortimer Street
Kala Convenience Store, Station Road
Hamtpon Inn, Western Esplanade
Divers Arms, Central Parade
Ship Inn, Central Parade
Vintage Empire, High Street
Salon 123, High Street
ifun@sandancers, Central Parade
Take the easy option and travel to the Airshow by bus with Stagecoach.
Triangle buses run every 15 minutes between Herne Bay, Canterbury and Whitstable.
Route 6 Buses
Route 6 buses run every 30 minutes between Greenhill, Herne Bay, Broomfield and Canterbury.
Route 36 Buses
Route 36 buses run hourly between Herne Bay, Birchington, Westgate and Margate.
- Triangle buses run every 15 minutes between Herne Bay, Canterbury and Whitstable.
- Route 6 buses run every 30 minutes between Greenhill, Herne Bay, Broomfield and Canterbury.
- Route 36 buses run hourly between Herne Bay, Birchington, Westgate and Margate.
The bus stops on Herne Bay High Street are just a short walk from the Airshow.
No change? No problem! Stagecoach has new cashless ways to pay for bus travel. You can buy day and weekly tickets on the Stagecoach Bus App, or pay contactless onboard. You can pay contactless for transactions under £30 using your contactless enabled credit or debit card, Apple Pay, or Android Pay.
Important travel and safety information
FOR SAFETY REASONS, DO NOT BRING OR BUY BALLOONS AT THIS EVENT
AIR SHOW UPDATES AND LIVE COMMENTARY
The South East Air Show Herne Bay will be broadcast live on both an FM frequency and online by Radio Cabin within a 5-mile radius of Herne Bay on on 94.6FM – including live commentary on all of the participating aircraft and aerial action.
Wyles & Sons Builders – sponsors of The Great War Trench Experience
We are delighted bring you the new ‘Trench Experience’. The sights and sounds of a Great War trench will be brought to life inside an especially converted container.
The Battle of Britain Experience – Static Planes
Hundreds of people climbed aboard the Spitfire, Hurricane, and ME109 for photos, and we expect there’ll be plenty more people interested this year too!
The War and Peace Great War Trench Experience is a superb professionally built above ground trench system in a 40 foot exhibition trailer. Visitors and guests can enter the trench and be met with the sights and sounds of a trench during the Great War. This also includes a re-enactor/educator who can talk to your visitors about this incredible period of history – the experience concludes with a simulated gas attack.
Photo credit: Michael McLaughlin
Join us after the Air Show for Live Music
at Rock Around The Clock Tower from 6.30pm
The American Four Tops
Soul Satisfaction and their American Four Tops Tribute feature the unique vocals of leader/founder William Hicks. From Atlanta Georgia USA he has become one of the most prominent ambassadors internationally of the Motown sound in the last two decades.
Rubber Biscuit is a 10+ piece Rhythm ‘n’ Blues and Soul band. The band is renowned for its “big sound” brought about by a three piece horn section, up to five vocalists, and four piece rhythm section.
Now in their 25th year of entertaining Kent audiences, these local legends are still doing what they have always done best: playing great music and, more importantly, giving audiences a great time.
Love Herne Bay? Click here for our full BayPromoTeam website!