Do you sing, dance, juggle, cheer lead? Are you a comedian, a magician, a ventriloquist, something else or know someone who is? If so take a look at the link below, as the final is going to be held at The Kings Hall in the town!
Deadline for entries is Monday 20 January 2014. The competition is open to all young people aged 11 to 18 who live or go to school in the Canterbury District. (This is Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and the surrounding villages).
For more info, visit the Reach for the Stars Page.
- Competition open to all young people aged 11 to 18 who live or go to school in the Canterbury District. (This is Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and the surrounding villages).
- Every person in the act must be at least 11 on 20 January 2014, and 18 or under on 24 February 2014.
- A panel of young people will help select acts to perform at a Grand Final on Wednesday 26 February 2014 at the King’s Hall, Herne Bay.
- The winner on the night will be selected by an audience vote.
- Finalists will be informed by Friday 24 January 2014, and asked to attend a rehearsal on the evening of either 19 February or 20 February before the Grand Final. You must be able to attend the rehearsal to perform in the Grand Final.
- Singers should not use accompaniment that already contains lead vocals.
- Your video should be of the song/ routine you would perform at the Grand Final and should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- No animals or fire may be used in the acts.
- The winning act will get the chance to perform as part of the opening day of the Canterbury Festival 2014 plus other goodies.
- By entering you are agreeing for photos or video to be used for publicity purposes. We will ask for signed permission from your parent or guardian before the Grand Final. Please contact us if that is a problem so we can discuss the issue.